Open Enrollment for 2015 health coverage ended February 15th, but many people may still be able to enroll in coverage if…
- You qualify for Medicaid or CHIP based on your income (example: income is less than $16,242 for a single person; less than $33,465 for a household of four)
- You are losing your health insurance
- You experience a life change including moving to a new area, a change in family size (through marriage, birth, adoption, death), becoming a citizen, leaving a correctional facility, and other exceptional circumstances
Call our Helpline at 412-456-1877 to get assistance or schedule an appointment. Our counselors are available for appointments Monday through Saturday.
Click on the image above or check out our calendar in the right column to find in-person enrollment events near you.
* * *
About Consumer Health Coalition:
Consumer Health Coalition (CHC) is dedicated to “inspiring a consumer movement to advance health and enhance access to quality, affordable health care.” We further our mission by targeting populations that are at-risk for experiencing barriers to good health and health care. This includes people with low incomes, the uninsured and underinsured, people from racial and ethnic backgrounds.
How is Consumer Health Coalition involved with the Affordable Care Act?
The Affordable Care Act (ACA), or Obamacare, is a law which outlines specific standards that all health insurance plans must meet. These standards include:
- Extending insurance coverage for children on a parent’s health plan through the age of 26
- Requiring insurance companies to explain health coverage in plain language
- Assuring that preventive services are covered at no cost
- Prohibiting insurance companies from denying an individual health insurance coverage because of preexisting medical conditions.
All health insurance plans must meet these standards, and individuals can shop for and compare plans side by side using the online Marketplace.
All of this new information can be overwhelming for individuals, but Consumer Health Coalition has Certified Application Counselors (CACs) and Navigators who can provide unbiased enrollment assistance at no cost and guide consumers through the process of evaluating and enrolling in health plans through the Marketplace and Medicaid.