Internships and Employment Opportunities
Allegheny County Jail Healthcare Navigator
Posted February 14, 2017
Consumer Health Coalition (CHC) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to inspiring a consumer movement to increase access to quality, affordable healthcare in Southwestern Pennsylvania. CHC is currently seeking a qualified candidate to fill an opening in our health insurance enrollment/Allegheny County Jail programing. The employee will serve as a licensed healthcare Navigator.
- Successfully complete CMS and agency sponsored training program to become a licensed Pennsylvania Health Insurance Navigator. Complete intake and application process with consumers while maintaining the highest level of confidentiality. Increase awareness among our most vulnerable populations, and provide them with the tools and resources needed to navigate access to healthcare.
- Complete Allegheny County Jail training program.
- Complete intake process with applicants. This includes completing eligibility determinations, explaining enrollment procedures, tax subsidies and or Medicaid/CHIP eligibility, and payment methods.
- Facilitate plan selection by listening to consumer’s needs and explaining available coverage options and costs.
- Conduct follow-up to ensure successful enrollment and renewal of coverage, make referrals to appropriate consumer assistance centers as needed.
- Maintain ongoing knowledge of the rules and regulations of public health programs. Also includes knowledge of federally qualified health centers and patient assistance programs. Make referrals to such programs as needed.
- Meet target goals and deliverables; accurately collect data, and submit timely reports.
Knowledge and Skills:
Strong written communication and multi-tasking skills; ability to work independently; dependable and mature.
Bilingual applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. At least two years’ experience conducting community outreach. Bachelor’s degree in criminal justice, social work, public health, public administration, health administration or similar fields.
This is a full-time salaried position, low 30’s, with an excellent benefits package. Must have access to reliable transportation. Background check and fingerprinting required upon hire.
How to Apply:
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line Navigator/Allegheny County Jail.
Consumer Health Coalition is committed to hiring qualified candidates without regard to age, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, race or color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity.