Voter Registration – Eligibility
In order to register to vote in Pennsylvania, you must be:
- A citizen of the United States for at least one month before the next election
- A resident of Pennsylvania and your election district for at least 30 days before the next election
- At least 18 years of age on the day of the next election
If you are currently registered to vote, you do not have to re-register unless you have moved, or wish to change your name or political party affiliation.
Voter Registration – By Mail
Please visit the PA Department of State’s website to download a voter registration form.
You can then download, print, complete, and sign the form. Please send it to:
Attn: Voter Registration Section
Division of Elections
542 Forbes Ave., Room 609
Pittsburgh, PA 15219-2953
You can also call the Allegheny County Division of Elections (412-350-4510), and they will send you a form.
Voter Registration – In Person
You may register to vote at:
- Allegheny County Elections Division (Room 609 of the County Office Building, corner of Ross Street and Forbes Avenue, hours are 8:30 am – 4:30 pm weekdays)
- Pennsylvania State offices that provide public assistance and services to persons with disabilities
- Armed Service Recruitment Centers
- Area agencies on aging
- Centers for independent living
- Allegheny County mental health and mental retardation offices
- Student disability services offices of the State System of Higher Education
- Offices of Special Education
- The Allegheny County Marriage License Bureau located on the First Floor of the City-County Building in downtown Pittsburgh.
- PennDOT Drivers License Centers (when applying for or renewing your drivers license)
CHC also has voter registration forms at our offices. We are happy to help you complete the application. Please call us at (412) 456-1877 to schedule your visit – thank you!