Health Care Quality
Everyone Deserves Quality Health Care!
Quality in the delivery of health care is an issue that is extremely important to patients and their family members.
- CHC believes that the quality problems that arise in the health care system are not usually the fault of any single person or hospital. That is why we stress a collaborative approach between patients, doctors, nurses, hospitals, and insurers to solve the problems.
- CHC works to make sure that patients’ voices aren’t ignored in this process. Reforms should strive to ensure that patients and consumers receive the highest quality care each and every time they visit their health care providers.
A Knowledgeable and Informed Patient is a Safe Patient.
There are questions YOU can ask your doctor and things YOU can do to help make sure you’re getting the most out of your doctor’s visit.
Here are some of the things you should consider before you enter your doctor’s office or hospital:
- What to Do if You Have a Concern About the Quality of Care >From a PA Doctor
- What to Do if You Have a Concern About Quality In a PA Hospital
- What to Do if You Have a Concern About Quality in a PA Nursing Home
What does Quality in Health Care really mean?
From a patient’s perspective, “quality health care” can mean many things. Quality health care doesn’t only mean receiving a pleasant greeting when you walk into your provider’s office or only waiting few minutes to see your doctor. Although these aspects are important, receiving quality health care can also mean safety for patients and getting the best value.
Here are additional resources about:
- Hospital Acquired Infections
- Medical Errors
- “Transparency” in Health Care